Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "GUMMALAM,MOHAN (HP-PaloAlto,ex1)" <mo...@hp.com> on 2001/04/24 01:08:54 UTC

mod_perl/mod_php

Good questions..  I have been looking for mod_perl and mod_php for Apache
2.0.  Where as there is something in the CVS for mod_perl, I was wondering
if it is stable enough for us to download and stay messing around with it.

I read somewhere that mod_php was "ported" for Apache 2.0, but I am not able
to locate it.  So is it available somewhere?

Any help will be appreciated!  Thanks,

Mohan Gummalam
SDL, Hewlett-Packard Company.

<snip>

> Is there ANY word about when a first-cut of at least mod_perl
> and mod_php for 2.0 might be available? Those 2 would be
> a good start, anyway. I anybody even WORKING on the 2.0
> versions of these essential modules?

<snip>

Re: mod_perl/mod_php

Posted by Brian Moon <br...@dealnews.com>.
>From talking to Rasmus, the core PHP is ready.  It compiles fine with MySQL
support.  There are some modules to PHP that use third party libs that may
not be thread safe however.  Most of those will be up to the providers of
those libs to make them thread safe.

Brian Moon
dealnews.com, Inc.
Makers of dealnews & dealmac
http://dealnews.com/ | http://dealmac.com/

Posted by "Jeffrey A. Stuart" <js...@neo.rr.com>.

--
Jeff Stuart
jstuart@neo.rr.com

Re: mod_perl/mod_php

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, GUMMALAM,MOHAN (HP-PaloAlto,ex1) wrote:

> Good questions..  I have been looking for mod_perl and mod_php for Apache
> 2.0.  Where as there is something in the CVS for mod_perl, I was wondering
> if it is stable enough for us to download and stay messing around with it.

a dozen or so people have reported success with the cvs version of
mod_perl-2.0.  the output of 'make test' (below) will give you an idea of
the functionality that has been implemented so far.  i have been testing
with threaded, prefork and perchild mpms, along with Perl 5.6.1 and
5.7.1-dev ("bleedperl").  platform testing has been limited to linux and
freebsd that i am aware of.  there will porting required for certain
platorms, hpux, aix, win32 for example.  most of which will likely be for
building.  in terms of stability, mod_perl-2.0 is still under heavy
development, subject to api changes, breakage, etc.

/home/dougm/ap/perchild/bin/httpd  -d /home/dougm/ap/modperl-2.0/t -f /home/dougm/ap/modperl-2.0/t/conf/httpd.conf
using Apache/2.0.18-dev (perchild MPM)
waiting for server to warm up......ok
server localhost:8529 started (pid=14984)
server localhost:8530 listening (TestProtocol::echo)
server localhost:8531 listening (TestFilter::input_msg)
filter/lc...........ok
filter/reverse......ok
filter/api..........ok
filter/buckets......ok
filter/input_body...ok
filter/input_msg....ok
apache/post.........ok
apache/conftree.....ok
apache/constants....ok
hooks/authen........ok
hooks/authz.........ok
hooks/access........ok
hooks/trans.........ok
hooks/fixup.........ok
protocol/echo.......ok
apr/netlib..........ok
apr/lib.............ok
apr/uuid............ok
apr/constants.......ok
apr/pool............ok
apr/base64..........ok
api/conn_rec........ok
api/request_rec.....ok
api/server_rec......ok
api/module..........ok
api/lookup_uri......ok
All tests successful.
Files=26, Tests=145, 21 wallclock secs (20.10 cusr +  0.93 csys = 21.03 CPU)
server localhost:8529 shutdown (pid=14984)