Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/01 07:23:28 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin Layout Factory (incubating) version 0.0.5

Thanks for the tips, Sebastian. I made some notes below which are more
for our folks than you.

Best,
-A

> It would be better to link to the KEYS file at
>
> https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/zipkin/KEYS
>
> as that is where downloaders will be directed once the release is published.
Good idea.. I will nudge RMs to add KEYS there and also use this in
the next release announcement.

> Also ideally there should be a comment before each key to say whose key it is.
> See for example:
>
> https://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/KEYS

Thanks, we were following dubbo's thing about keys, but it looks like
their website is out-of-date.
https://dubbo.incubator.apache.org/en-us/blog/prepare-an-apache-release.html

https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-website/blob/fcf17e7543e7092ea5f23af9f55554e2319b95dc/docs/en-us/developers/committer-guide/release-guide_dev.md
has the right commands, pasted for convenience to others

(gpg --list-sigs 'Adrian Cole' &&  gpg --armor --export 'Adrian Cole') >> KEYS

I corrected mine and will help others correct.