Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/16 21:45:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.1

Hi,

A candidate for the Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.1 release is available at:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jackrabbit/oak/1.0.1/

The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/oak/tags/jackrabbit-oak-1.0.1/

The SHA1 checksum of the archive is 4f38ef7feabfa35eb2bd2749aab2cc4d7d88a78e.

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:

    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejackrabbit-1017

The command for running automated checks against this release candidate is:

    $ sh check-release.sh oak 1.0.1 4f38ef7feabfa35eb2bd2749aab2cc4d7d88a78e

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.1.
The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 Jackrabbit PMC votes are cast.

    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.1

My vote is +1.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.1

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:00 AM, Chetan Mehrotra
> <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.099
>> sec <<< FAILURE!
>> testCompactionMap(org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.CompactionMapTest)
>>  Time elapsed: 0.099 sec  <<< FAILURE!
>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Failed with seed -255091622
>
> Thanks for catching this, I'll take a deeper look. Depending on where
> the error is, this might not be too troublesome as the compaction map
> is used just as an optimization tool and an incorrect return value
> should not affect semantic correctness of the rest of the system.

The problem turned out to be a test artifact. The CompactionMap class
was not designed to support overwriting already added entries, but
with randomly generated keys the test case would in some rare cases
end up overwriting an entry. In normal use the compaction code would
never do that.

In revision 1603307 I clarified the CompactionMap contract to make
this constraint more obvious and adjusted the test case to avoid
overwriting entries.

I think we're fine to go forward with the release as-is.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
On trying to verify I get a test failure on my Linux box

Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.099
sec <<< FAILURE!
testCompactionMap(org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.CompactionMapTest)
 Time elapsed: 0.099 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Failed with seed -255091622
at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.CompactionMapTest.testCompactionMap(CompactionMapTest.java:89)

And on running the testcase it indeed fails with that seed
Chetan Mehrotra

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Davide Giannella <gi...@gmail.com>.
On 16/06/2014 21:45, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>     [X] +1 Release this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.1

Cheers
Davide

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.1

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

On 16/06/14 21:45, "Jukka Zitting" <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.1.
>The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
>least three +1 Jackrabbit PMC votes are cast.

All checks OK.

+1 Release this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.1

Regards
 Marcel

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.1

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.
+1 Release this package as Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.1

alex