Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Martin Harris <ma...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2014/07/04 15:16:13 UTC

Apache headers

Hi Folks,

I've been adding the Apache headers to all of our source files[1] to bring
us in compliance with Apache rules. Any newly added files will also need to
include the Apache headers. Once [1] has been merged, you can simply look
for a file of the same extension in the existing code, but before then, you
can grab the headers from any of the files in my pull request

I'll also be looking at adding Apache Rat to our build[2], so we'll know if
any files get missed...

Cheers

[1]: https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/43
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BROOKLYN-20

--
Martin Harris
Lead Software Engineer

Re: Apache headers

Posted by Martin Harris <ma...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
Hi Folks,

It's been suggested I share the scripts I used to do this, so please find
attached a ragbag of disordered undocumented scripts, which I mostly
modified as I went along. Credit to @adk for the original

Once everything's merged in and we're happy with it, I'll get at least the
.java script tidied up and put in ./usage/scripts for future use...

Cheers

--
Martin Harris
Lead Software Engineer

Re: Apache headers

Posted by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com>.
Excellent, thanks!

Can you share the script you've been using for doing this update - e.g.
include it in your PR at ./usage/scripts/.

Aled