Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by René Hartwig <Re...@befine-solutions.com> on 2016/11/16 16:00:18 UTC

ComponentNotFoundException when using AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior

Hi,

in my application I have implemented a simple ajax-based navigation:
Clicking the navigation link replaces the current panel with a new one.

One of the panels starts an ajax timer. If the user clicks another
navigation link while the timer is still running a
ComponentNotFoundException is raised.
I tried to work around this problem by unbinding the timer before I
replace the current panel. However, if I do that I am running into a
NullPointerException:

Do you have any suggestions on how I can solve this problem? I am using
Wicket v7.4.0

Thanks and best regards,

René

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,

René Hartwig**
Senior Developer

Mail: rene.hartwig@cryptshare.com
Phone:   +49 761 38913 0
Fax:   +49 761 38913 115
Web: _www.cryptshare.com_ <https://www.cryptshare.com/signaturehomelink>

Befine Solutions AG - The Cryptshare company **
Werthmannstr. 15
79098 Freiburg
Germany

Are your attachments too large or confidential for common e-mail?
Get to know _Cryptshare_ <https://www.cryptshare.com/signaturehomelink>!

Follow us for news and product updates:
_twitter_ <https://twitter.com/cryptshare>  l _Linkedin_
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/befine-solutions>   l _XING_
<https://www.xing.com/companies/befinesolutionsag>   l _Youtube_
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY403XxwxYl3wfv_I1QvE5A>  l _Google+_
<https://plus.google.com/116481567396572793816/posts>  l _RSS_
Register Court Freiburg HRB 6144, Board of Management: Mark Forrest,
Dominik Lehr, Chairman of the Supervisor Board: Thilo Braun

Re: ComponentNotFoundException when using AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior

Posted by René Hartwig <Re...@befine-solutions.com>.
Hi,

thank, you! Yes it was the AjaxChannels, when using the same channel it
is working fine.

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

are you using custom AjaxChannels?

By default all Ajax requests are queued in your browser, thus your timer
requests should halt until the navigation has finished replacing any
components. After that Wicket detects(*), that the component is no
longer present in the markup and will drop all timer requests.

Perhaps you're using identical markup ids inside different panels? This
would prevent (*).

Regards
Sven