Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Norman Peelman <np...@cfl.rr.com> on 2004/12/09 04:48:52 UTC

[users@httpd] REPOST - Weird poblem with script being executed twice...

REPOST - May have inadvertantly deleted replies...
Hello,

  I am having an interesting problem. I am running Apache2 - Server Version:
Apache/2.0.45 (Win32) PHP/4.3.4 and I am having an interesting problem.
I have two Virtual Servers running and both have a forum. The problem is
that I have a script that gets run twice (even though there is only one
request
in the HTML, it's for an image src-'?' tag) only when called from the second
Virtual server.  The forum on the first Virtual Server works fine as well as
other forums on the net.  Also, if I call the script directly from the url
for the second server (ie: no html, just requesting the script and getting
an image) it works fine. Basically this is causing the script to 'appear' to
skip every other image. There is some simple ReWriting going on (only one
entry), it is:

ReWriteRule ^/(\d+)\.(jpg|gif|png|ea)$ /myscript.php?image=$1 [R]  (just
making requests for certain images call myscript.php/myscript.php?a=?)

so, hxxp://my.domain.com/??.jpg - when called from
hxxp://my.domain.com/forums/... runs myscript.php twice efectively skipping
every other image.

and, hxxp://my.domain.com/??.jpg - when called directly runs only once and
provides all images.

called from other domains also seems to work as expected.

...any ideas would be welcom.

Thank you,
Norman Peelman