Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/31 19:50:26 UTC

DateTimeField issue

I am using Wicket 1.3.0 Beta 2 and I am having issues with the
org.apache.wicket.datetime.markup.html.form.DateTextField.  Well actually
the DatePicker.  I followed the code exactly in the Date examples
(http://www.wicketstuff.org/wicket13/dates/) but when I run my application
and select on the DatePicker there is a javascript error.

"missing ( before formal parameters"

at the function declaration function initasset.installDate1DpJs() {

Here is the code up to the error for the page in question:

<code>
<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"/>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"/>
<title>Home IQ</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/homeIQ/css/layout.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/homeIQ/css/homeiq.css" />
<script type="text/javascript"
src="resources/org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.YuiLib/yahoo.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="resources/org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.YuiLib/event.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="resources/org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.YuiLib/dom.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="resources/org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.calendar.DatePicker/calendar.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="resources/org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.calendar.DatePicker/assets/calendar.css"
/>

<script type="text/javascript"
src="resources/org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.calendar.DatePicker/wicket-date.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"><!--/*--><![CDATA[/*><!--*/
/*
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
 * contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
 * this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
 * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
 * (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
 * the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.
 */

YAHOO.namespace("wicket");

// init the date picker
function initasset.installDate1DpJs() {
</code>

Does anyone know what the issue is?

Thanks in advance,

- Doug

Re: DateTimeField issue

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.
>"missing ( before formal parameters"
>
>at the function declaration function initasset.installDate1DpJs() {

i suspect that asset.installDate is the wicket:id of the component, right?

eelco, since this can be considered a frequent usecase (especially combined
with a CompoundPropertyModel), we should replace every . with a _ character
or only use the part after the last . or just remove all .s

what do you think?

gerolf