Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Udita Negi <ud...@grapecity.com> on 2011/12/02 11:32:05 UTC

JMeter sending more than 5 requests at a time for 5 concurrent users

Hi,

I am running my script for 5 users so ideally more than 5 requests should
not be sent to server at a given point of time. But when I see the number
of getrequests processed by my server using perfmon I see 6 requests only.
How can I make my script so that it does not send more than 5 requests at a
time.

Thanks

Udita

Re: JMeter sending more than 5 requests at a time for 5 concurrent users

Posted by Tanakiat Srisaranayakul <ta...@gmail.com>.
u may try throughput controller

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Throughput_Controller

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 2 December 2011 10:32, Udita Negi <ud...@grapecity.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am running my script for 5 users so ideally more than 5 requests should
> not be sent to server at a given point of time. But when I see the number
> of getrequests processed by my server using perfmon I see 6 requests only.
> How can I make my script so that it does not send more than 5 requests at a
> time.

JMeter only sends one request per thread. It waits for one request to
complete before sending the next.

Currently, the only exception to this is that one can opt to download
embedded HTML resources in parallel.

Otherwise, it's not possible for JMeter to generate more concurrent
requests than there are active threads.