Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ming Pun <mi...@appcara.com> on 2013/01/21 19:53:26 UTC

cannot see account created using Cloudstack create_account API show up on CloudPortal

I am writing account automation for an env with Cloudstack integrated with CloudPortal.
I am using Cloudstack API create_account to create account. I verified the account created successfully using the Cloudstack management console but I could not see the account showed up on CloudPortal.
Wonder if anyone knows what I was missing. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

RE: cannot see account created using Cloudstack create_account API show up on CloudPortal

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Ming

As Tariq points out, you should not create users directly on CloudStack when using CloudPortal Business Manager (CPBM).

I note you wish to achieve a certain level of automation, this will be difficult with the current version of CPBM, but the next release due out later this year, will have the API interface you require.

Of course if you are referring to Cloud Portal Services Manager then ignore what Tariq and myself have said, as this only applies to CPBM.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

Assuming by CloudPortal you mean Citrix Cloud Portal Business Manager, then account creation takes place in one direction from CloudPortal to Cloudstack/CloudPlatform.

When an new customer account is created in CloudPortal, it creates the relevant account and user(s) in CloudStack.

Regards,

Tariq Iqbal

S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447909911600

tariq.iqbal@shapeblue.com

I am writing account automation for an env with Cloudstack integrated with CloudPortal.
I am using Cloudstack API create_account to create account. I verified the account created successfully using the Cloudstack management console but I could not see the account showed up on CloudPortal.
Wonder if anyone knows what I was missing. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated Thanks

ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and implementation services to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue’s expertise, combined with CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers and Enterprises to deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales.