Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by m....@t-o-c.biz on 2003/08/08 09:35:33 UTC

svn import -> invalid url

Hi list,

I run svn 0.26 under winnt4.0.

The repository was successfully created:
    $ svnadmin create /dat/svn/test

Now I try to import a directory the structure is:
    /test/foo

           +--- 1.txt

So I try:
    $ svn import file:///dat/svn/test /test

The error message is:
    $ svn: Client error in parsing arguments
    $ svn: invalid url '/test'

Whats my mistake?

I found the same question at the FAQ - but it was not helpful.

ciao ...

Manfred

Re: svn import -> invalid url

Posted by Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>.
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 11:54:24AM +0200, m.friedrich@t-o-c.biz wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> fine that works :-) It's simple and logical!!
>
> So the readme.txt from the distribution is wrong:

The syntax changed a while ago.  This file obviously needs to be
updated.

--
Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>

Re: svn import -> invalid url

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
<m....@t-o-c.biz> writes:
> So the readme.txt from the distribution is wrong:

I've fixed it now -- thanks for pointing out the problem.  (It's
"README", not "readme.txt", by the way :-) .)

-Karl

> ----- schnipp
> IV.   QUICKSTART GUID
>       2.  Creating a Repository
>       After the repository is created, you can initially import data
>       into it, using libsvn_ra_local (invoked by using a 'file' URL):
>
>           $ svn import file:///usr/local/svn/repos1 some/local/dir/
>
>       The above example imports the contents of some/local/dir/ right
>       into the root of the repository.
>
> ----- schnapp

Re: svn import -> invalid url

Posted by m....@t-o-c.biz.
Hi Martin,

fine that works :-) It's simple and logical!!

So the readme.txt from the distribution is wrong:

----- schnipp
IV.   QUICKSTART GUID
      2.  Creating a Repository
      After the repository is created, you can initially import data
      into it, using libsvn_ra_local (invoked by using a 'file' URL):

          $ svn import file:///usr/local/svn/repos1 some/local/dir/

      The above example imports the contents of some/local/dir/ right
      into the root of the repository.

----- schnapp

Realy a pitfall for newbies like me.

thank you !