Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Jayaram Subramanian <rs...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/04 05:37:07 UTC

Getting the following error when using 10.6.1 derby jar

Hi,
I created a database using ij from eclipse and then tried to connect
to db using 10.6.1 derby.jar.. I get the following exception.. Am i
doing something wrong..??

With Regards
Jayaram

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Database at
C:\java\Derby\source\trunk\SpringDbTest is at version 10.7 beta. Beta
databases cannot be upgraded,
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
	... 11 more

Re: Getting the following error when using 10.6.1 derby jar

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
Jayaram Subramanian <rs...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I created a database using ij from eclipse and then tried to connect
> to db using 10.6.1 derby.jar.. I get the following exception.. Am i
> doing something wrong..??
>
> With Regards
> Jayaram
>
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Database at
> C:\java\Derby\source\trunk\SpringDbTest is at version 10.7 beta. Beta
> databases cannot be upgraded,

Hi Jayaram,

It looks like you created the database with trunk, and then you cannot
open it with 10.6, since we don't support downgrading the database. It
should work if you try to open the database with the same version that
you used to create it.

--
Knut Anders