Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Martin Tomes <li...@tomes.org> on 2004/04/22 08:46:18 UTC

Win32 build of version 1.0.2

I have built the binaries for Subversion 1.0.2 on Win32 using Visual Studio 6.  This is not an
'official' build.

It passes all the tests including WebDAV to Apache using the 1.0.2 apache modules.

It can be downloaded from here:

   http://www.zen17687.zen.co.uk/svn-win32-1.0.2.zip

--
Martin Tomes
echo 'Martin x Tomes at controls x eurotherm x co x uk'\

Re: Win32 build of version 1.0.2

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@shadyvale.net>.
Martin Tomes wrote:
[snip]

> I fully understand, I needed a record for myself an this was the easiest
> for me.  I will work on a patch for INSTALL for you as well.  I am not
> sure what to do about the bugs in the dsw file (it doesn't build
> everything), should I document how to work round them?

What doesn't it build?  I build on VS2003 all the time which uses the
same generator.  Also, trunk no longer statically links in apr as I
believe the 1.0.x series does, and you no longer need the apr
directories copied to the Subversion directory.  There are probably
other differences, too.

DJ

Re: Win32 build of version 1.0.2

Posted by Martin Tomes <li...@tomes.org>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Martin Tomes wrote:

> Martin Tomes wrote:
>
>> I have built the binaries for Subversion 1.0.2 on Win32 using Visual
>> Studio 6.
>

> I have put instructions for how to build Subversion for Win32 here:
>
>   http://www.subversionary.org/build/win32.html

That's nice. But...how are these instructions different from the ones in
our INSTALL file? And if they are, I'd much prefer to see patches to
INSTALL rather than unrelated documentation...

(Not disparaging your work, mind, but you'll understand if I prefer to
see our documentation fixed. :-)

-- Brane

Re: Win32 build of version 1.0.2

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 05:34, Martin Tomes wrote:

> When I get time I will turn www.subversionary.org into a Wiki in order to make collating useful
> information about Subversion easier.  Unfortunately that won't be for a few weeks yet.

Wow, is subversionary.org going to become some sort of new "community"
site for Subversion?  It looks nice so far.  If you're looking for a
Wiki, you might want to consider one that uses Subversion as a back-end,
like SubWiki.  :-)

Re: Win32 build of version 1.0.2

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.