Posted to users@felix.apache.org by rcbandit <pe...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/20 14:32:32 UTC

How to start desktop application when I start Apache Felix

I downloaded and extract the Apache Felix framework. When I run the command
"java -jar bin/felix.jar" I can successfully login into the Felix admin
panel.

I created basic OSGI bundle with maven-bundle-plugin and main class which
displays console output "main module is loaded". How I can archive this:

I want to create shell script which starts Felix environment and after that
starts the OSGI bundle with the main class? Is there a configuration option
to set Felix to load my custom module and start the desktop application
after I open the shell script?

Best wishes.

Re: How to start desktop application when I start Apache Felix

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 5/20/13 08:32 , rcbandit wrote:
> I downloaded and extract the Apache Felix framework. When I run the command
> "java -jar bin/felix.jar" I can successfully login into the Felix admin
> panel.
>
> I created basic OSGI bundle with maven-bundle-plugin and main class which
> displays console output "main module is loaded". How I can archive this:
>
> I want to create shell script which starts Felix environment and after that
> starts the OSGI bundle with the main class? Is there a configuration option
> to set Felix to load my custom module and start the desktop application
> after I open the shell script?

The Main-Class header means nothing in OSGi, only the Bundle-Activator
header is useful for specifying a class for activating the bundle. The
Felix launcher only tries to launch bundles in the auto-deploy
directory. You can configure whether it will install, start, update, or
uninstall...in various combinations.

If you want an example of a launcher that works similarly to Felix'
launcher but also looks at Main-Class, then you can check out this launcher:

http://code.google.com/p/osgi-in-action/source/browse/trunk/launcher/src/launcher/Main.java

Other than that, it sounds like you should spend some more time reading
about OSGi.

-> richard