Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ramo Karahasan <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2012/03/02 08:25:15 UTC

Architectural question structuring solr, multiple instances or filters

Hi

I face the issue that i have n business-user. Each business-user  has it's
own amount products. I want to provide an interface for each business-user
where he can find only the products he offers. What would be a be a better
solution:

1.)    To have one big index and filter by customer-name?

2.)    Have multiple solr instances for each business-user

3.)    Another possiblities?

I just run one solr instance currently for default none-business-user that
can see all products and face the issue now, how to separate the products
for business-user search-wise.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ramo

Re: Architectural question structuring solr, multiple instances or filters

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
A lot depends on the size here. If each user has a zillion records,
consider multiple
indexes. But by and large, if they all fit in a single index the maintenance is
simpler if you just have a single index (core). And a single core also makes
somewhat more efficient use of memory etc.

Best
Erick

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
1.)    To have one big index and filter by customer-name

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

<http://www.griddynamics.com>