Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Ryan Ackley <ry...@softartisans.com> on 2005/04/27 19:55:59 UTC

RE: State of the Union for HWPF

Andy,

You make a lot of good points about the state of Apache HWPF in this email.
That is why I am pleased to announce that SoftArtisans will be releasing
WordWriter v3 shortly. It is a fully-featured Java API for reading and
writing Microsoft Word documents. I feel like it is a better choice than
HWPF because it is the realization of what I wanted for HWPF. It addresses
all of your bullet points below. Including the ones about Junit tests,
Javadoc, and Documentation ;) In addition to that, we have taken it so much
farther in terms of features. Please check it out at
http://officewriter.softartisans.com/officewriter-312.aspx

-Ryan

Posted by ac...@apache.org.
Ryan,

These types of messages are commercial advertising for a product that
attempts to compete with POI and is not welcome on this list.  We are
lienient about advertising of products and services based on POI
provided they are not legally encumbered by NDAs with Microsoft.

-Andy