Posted to user@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2006/03/22 23:52:08 UTC

Re: Problem: BeanWriter not enforcing the element list order in Betwixt

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 20:24 +0000, Nikolay Jordanov wrote:
> Hi,

hi Nikolay

> I am using a betwixt file to describe how to convert a Java complex type
> POJO (containing lists of other objects contained in ArrayLists) into
> XML. I need to ensure that the order of all attributes is preserved in
> the XML, as it must conform to a rigid XSD.
>
> BeanWriter enforces the order in all of the component objects within the
> top level POJO objects correctly, as defined in the betwixt config file,
> but when it comes to elements contained in a List object, they are
> rendered in the resulting XML in alphabetical order, instead of in the
> order described in the betwixt file.
>
> Is this an issue with betwixt's handling of Lists, or am I missing a
> crucial piece of configuration?

i'm not 100% sure: it's a lot easier for me if you can provide a test
case. it means that i can just import the source, run the test and see
exactly what's not right. it also allows me to verify directly whether
the problem has already been fixed.

i think that your problem is that you need to create separate dot
betwixt files for GetCTNHistoryResponse and GCTNHRespHistoryListItem.

- robert