Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/12/08 02:35:49 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by jesily

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "PoweredBy" page has been changed by jesily.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy?action=diff&rev1=238&rev2=239

- This page documents an alphabetical list of institutions that are using Hadoop for educational or production uses.  Companies that offer services on or based around Hadoop are listed in [[Distributions and Commercial Support]] .
+ This page documents an alphabetical list of institutions that are using Hadoop for educational or production uses. Companies that offer services on or based around Hadoop are listed in [[Distributions and Commercial Support]] .

  <<TableOfContents(3)>>

@@ -170, +170 @@

    * We also uses Hadoop to analyzing similarities of user's behavior.

  = G =
+  * [[http://www.gis.tw/en|GIS.FCU]]
+   * Feng Chia University
+   * 3 machine cluster
+   * storeage for sensor data
   * [[http://www.google.com|Google]]
    * [[http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/pressrel/20071008_ibm_univ.html|University Initiative to Address Internet-Scale Computing Challenges]]

@@ -269, +273 @@

    * HBase & Hadoop version 0.20

   * [[http://www.linkedin.com|LinkedIn]]
-   * We have multiple grids divided up based upon purpose.  They are composed of the following types of hardware:
+   * We have multiple grids divided up based upon purpose. They are composed of the following types of hardware:
     * 100 Nehalem-based nodes, with 2x4 cores, 24GB RAM, 8x1TB storage using ZFS in a JBOD configuration on Solaris.
     * 120 Westmere-based nodes, with 2x4 cores, 24GB RAM, 6x2TB storage using ext4 in a JBOD configuration on CentOS 5.5
    * We use Hadoop and Pig for discovering People You May Know and other fun facts.