Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/22 02:41:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Rewrite rules

Hi,
I want some help with rewrite rules.

Following is what I want to achieve:
I have one server with apache+mod_rewrite acting as a reverse proxy.
This server gets all its data from another web server. Now everything
works fine except one strange problem. In the software on web server
there are few pages which are hard coded with ip address so when I click
on that link it tries to change the URL and my browser gives me error as
that url is not accessible from internet. I can only get to the reverse
proxy ip address.
Now I want all the url should be the ip address of the proxy. Even if
the software tries to get to some specific ip address it should be
internal not external. I mean my url should not change.

Following are my rewrite rules for reverse proxy:

ProxyPass         /  http://www1.foo.dom/
ProxyPassReverse  /  http://www1.foo.dom/

Please help

james

RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite rules

Posted by James <ja...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Guys,
No, it is not our server. So I cannot get to that server. I just
received some links. OK, it is possible if apache reverse proxy first
gets page from another web server with original software and then change
all hyperlinks in that page to some other IP and serve those pages to
client?

James

Posted by George Valpak <gv...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by James <ja...@hotmail.com>.