Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Brian C. Huffman" <bh...@etinternational.com> on 2013/06/11 20:47:01 UTC

YARN Container's App ID

How can a YARN container get its own Application ID?

I tried getting the ApplicationConstants.AM_APP_ATTEMPT_ID_ENV similar
to how the Distributed Shell example does for the AppMaster, but that
variable doesn't seem to exist in the environment for the container.
Does the App Master have to set it?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: YARN Container's App ID

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
Yes - this is currently on trunk. There were some changes done to make the container id available to all containers ( and not only the AM ).

However, for 2.0.3-alpha, I believe you should have access to ApplicationConstants.AM_CONTAINER_ID_ENV in the AM's environment.

-- Hitesh

Re: YARN Container's App ID

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: YARN Container's App ID