Posted to users@directory.apache.org by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com> on 2015/01/15 21:16:48 UTC

Password Policy attribute pwdMinAge not working?

I set the pwdMinAge in my Password Policy to 86400 (1 day in seconds) but
it doesn't see to be working. I am able to change the password, and then
change it again immediately after that. My understanding is that I should
have to wait a day before I can change it again. Is that correct?

I am using ApacheDS version 2.0.0-M19.

Thanks!

Re: Password Policy attribute pwdMinAge not working?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 21/01/15 21:44, David Paulsen a écrit :

>> Thank you for your help!
>>>

> Is there a way to formally request the enhancement to not require a
> restart, or is it already on your radar and you'll get to it when you
> can? We are very eager to get this capability added.

Check the JIRA (http://directory.apache.org/issue-tracking.html). I'm
not sure we have such a request, and if not, just create a new one.

The required modification should not be too complicated to set up.

Re: Password Policy attribute pwdMinAge not working?

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.

> We are most certlainly try to cut an ApacheDS release soon anyway, so
> you won't have to wait too long for an official M20

Any rough idea of when M20 will be released?

Re: Password Policy attribute pwdMinAge not working?

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.
> > This is fantastic Kiran, thanks! I'm assuming this will be in the
ApacheDS
> > 2.0.0-M20 release, correct? I'm also assuming that if I want it before
then
> > I'll have to build my own version from the trunk, correct?
>
> Correct and correct.
>
> We are most certlainly try to cut an ApacheDS release soon anyway, so
> you won't have to wait too long for an official M20

Thank Kiran, do have a rough idea of when M20 will be released? If it's
within the next few weeks I won't worry about building the trunk.

Re: Password Policy attribute pwdMinAge not working?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Password Policy attribute pwdMinAge not working?

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Password Policy attribute pwdMinAge not working?

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Password Policy attribute pwdMinAge not working?

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari