Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "McCollum , Angus" <AM...@grow.net> on 2001/09/26 22:43:45 UTC

Are all nexted elements implemented as DataType extensions?

I created a custom Ant task with a nested element. I had writen the nested
element as a Task but failed to get the addXXXX method called on the
enclosing task.

I took a look at the Ant source and noticed that all the examples I found
used nested element that were DataTypes and not Tasks. Is this always the
case? Should I have structed my nested element as a DataType and not a Task?

Thank you in advance.

G. Angus McCollum

Re: Are all nexted elements implemented as DataType extensions?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Have a look at the Sequential and Parallel built-in Ant tasks (in Ant 1.4).
They implement TaskContainer.  That should point you in the right direction
for implementing a task that contains other tasks.

    Erik