Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/01 11:06:55 UTC

Re: Restoring Incremental Backups without using sstableloader

Hi,

Well you can do it through copy / past all the sstable as written in the
link you gave as long as your token ranges distribution did not change
since you took the snapshots and that you have a way to be sure what node
each sstable belongs. Make sure that snapshot taken to node X indeed go
back to node X.

If you do not have information on where the sstable comes from or if you
added / removed nodes, then using the sstableloader is probably a good
idea. If you really don't like sstableloader (not sure why), you can paste
all the sstables to all the nodes then nodetool refresh + nodetool cleanup.
But in most cases, all the data won't fit in one node, plus you might have
sstable names identical you'll have to handle.

Hope that helps,

C*heers,

Alain Rodriguez - alain@thelastpickle.com
France