Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/15 18:09:17 UTC

Help: Common target for sub-folders

I downloaded the maven plugins source from svn. What makes the
subfolders (individual plugins) to have the common target, site folder
in the parent ?

I have a project whose top level pom has <packaging> set to "pom". The
subfolders of this project all have the <parent> set to the toplevel
pom. Yet when I run mvn, each subfolder has it's own target and site.
I would like them all to be at the parent level.

What am I doing wrong here ?

Cheers
Prasad

Re: Help: Common target for sub-folders

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi there,

You're not doing anything wrong, It is the correct behavior of maven
where each sub modules contains their own target and site when built.
I am not sure how you would able to configure them to produce their
target and site in the parent module.

I havent tried this but probably this might work,

set the <directory> of each pom of your submodule to the path of your
parent module.

<project>
  <build>
     <directory>path-to-parent-module</directory>
  </build>
</project>

-allan