Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Shaily Goel <gs...@novell.com> on 2007/02/07 14:07:46 UTC

use of log4j 1.3alpha-8

hi

I am using log4j 1.3alpha-8 release in my project for logging messages. When going through log4j site "http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/" and I came to know the next release of log4j is 2.0. When is the release scheduled?

Please let me know how stable it would be to use "log4j 1.3alpha-8". What all bugs are available in this alpha release. This would really help me to make a decision to use log4j 1.3alpha-8 or the older stable version of log4j in my product.

Thanks
Shaily

Re: use of log4j 1.3alpha-8

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Log4j 1.3 may or may not ever have a final release.  I suggest using
the latest 1.2.xx version unless the 1.3 alpha has something you
absolutely need.  And if the latter, you may want to provide patches
and whatnot to help move it toward a release.

Jake