Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be> on 2011/02/06 15:00:12 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1067665 - /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/BlockContainerLayoutManager.java

On 06 Feb 2011, at 14:40, adelmelle@apache.org wrote:

> Author: adelmelle
> Date: Sun Feb  6 13:40:31 2011
> New Revision: 1067665

> Log:
> Code cleanup:
> - reduce code duplication in getNextKnuthElements()
> - removed references to experimental BlockStackingLM.bpUnit
> - changed silly private method label

What a joke! Taking the time to extract some 30 lines of code into a separate method. Not even bothering to come up with an appropriate name (refactoredBecauseOfDuplicateCode() --duh!) or to think about whether something similar could be done about the other 50 lines of duplicate --errm, sorry, that was 'triplicated'-- code... :-|

Now, there's still some duplication left, but I did not immediately see a way out of that. Perhaps a fresh look at the trimmed forest will do wonders here. We'll see...

Regards,

Andreas
---