Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com> on 2004/11/03 16:11:55 UTC

set a java.lang.Integer inside a construct element

I use an invoke-factory, with a construct element inside, which contains
several <set property="someProp" value="someValue"/>

mostly Strings, but also a java.lang.Integer.

but the Integer conversion fails (value="1252") to convert:

org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to translate
'1252' to type java.lang.Integer: No property editor for
java.lang.Integer.

surely there ought to be a converter to Integer?

David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com
http://mp3.davidkarlsen.com

Re: set a java.lang.Integer inside a construct element

Posted by Istvan Orban <is...@mailbox.hu>.
I also had the same issue,.
for me it seemed that, property editor works for int (basic type) but
not for java.lang.Integer
so I decided to have my own converter using commons.beanutils ( I now
this is an extra dependency, but I mostly use this lib. in my projects
anyway)

enviroment:

tomcat 4.1.24
hivemind 1.0
jdk 1.4.2

Istvano

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<da...@davidkarlsen.com> wrote:

> I use an invoke-factory, with a construct element inside, which contains
> several <set property="someProp" value="someValue"/>
>
> mostly Strings, but also a java.lang.Integer.
>
> but the Integer conversion fails (value="1252") to convert:
>
> org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to translate
> '1252' to type java.lang.Integer: No property editor for
> java.lang.Integer.
>
> surely there ought to be a converter to Integer?
>
> David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
> http://www.davidkarlsen.com
> http://mp3.davidkarlsen.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship