Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/11/07 18:28:38 UTC

RE: Linux and tomcat newbie installation problems

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Dominic Clay wrote:

> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:38:48 -0000
> From: Dominic Clay <do...@europrospectus.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: Linux and tomcat newbie installation problems
>
> ok,
> What if I don't have a catalina.sh file anywhere..?

Where did you get your Tomcat 4 distribution from?  The "catalina.sh" file
(along with "startup.sh" and "shutdown.sh") are in the "bin" directory of
the standard distribution, available at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/bin/

(For the RPM version, you'll have to ask whoever packaged it what the
did.)

Craig