Posted to users@camel.apache.org by btmahon <bt...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/25 16:35:54 UTC

Accessing external REST service

I've used the http component to access an external HTTP component with a
static URL but I would like to access a RESTful service with a dynamic URL
that doesn't use query parameters.  Some examples of the potential URL's:
 http://www.somesite/inventory/productID/1234-567
 http://www.somesite/inventory/productID/4567-890
 http://www.somesite/orderstatus/orderID/123456
 http://www.somesite/orderstatus/orderID/654321

How would I do that in Camel?  With the HTTP and Restlet components it seems
like only a static URL with optional parameters is supported.

Thanks,
  Brendan

Re: Accessing external REST service

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:35 PM, btmahon <bt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've used the http component to access an external HTTP component with a
> static URL but I would like to access a RESTful service with a dynamic URL
> that doesn't use query parameters.  Some examples of the potential URL's:
>  http://www.somesite/inventory/productID/1234-567
>  http://www.somesite/inventory/productID/4567-890
>  http://www.somesite/orderstatus/orderID/123456
>  http://www.somesite/orderstatus/orderID/654321
>
> How would I do that in Camel?  With the HTTP and Restlet components it seems
> like only a static URL with optional parameters is supported.
For the http, see its documentation
http://camel.apache.org/http.html

You can provide a header in the message with the actual URL to invoke
HttpProducer.HTTP_URI

> Thanks,
>  Brendan

Claus Ibsen