Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Ju...@Bertelsmann.de on 2003/06/23 16:53:28 UTC

Automatic Mapping Tool

Hello,

I have my application already running and I want to change the persistence
to the OJB ODMG API. I have some classes (Value Objects) that I want to
persist.

I have a ServerVO which holds some generic attributes and an attribute of
the type ModulesVO. This ModulesVO contains a List of ModuleVO (be aware of
the s) that contain some generic attributes. That's all. Now what I would
like to have is a tool that automatically generates the repository_user.xml
for me out of my classes. Is there a tool available? Because in the
documentation I found only instructions how to manually create this file.

I heard that James Holmes is working on a OJB Console but as I see he is not
finished with this.

Thanks, Julia.

Re: Automatic Mapping Tool

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Julia,

There is an XDoclet module for OJB. It allows to take your tagged Java
source code and will generate the repsotory_user.xml and a Torque DDL
script for you.

It will be part of the official XDoclet distribution soon. For the time
being it is available here:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/db-ojb/contrib/xdoclet-ojb-module.zip

beste Gruesse aus Essen,
Thomas