Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/10 09:40:48 UTC

[RELEASE]: final release preparation

Hi,

release vote on the RC for AOO 4.1 Beta passed successful and we can
continue with the final release preparation, announcement.

What things are left?

1. download option for the Beta via our download page. Default should be
still the 4.0.1. But the Beta should be at least available as optional
download.

Where are we we with this, what is the current status and when can we
expect to have it available?

2. official release announcement
Official release announcment via the announce mailing list and
additionally a blog post + references on the social media.

On the way to the final:

1. continuing the verification of fixed issues and general testing
2. taking care of potential showstopper and fix it immediately

Anything else?

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 4:40 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> release vote on the RC for AOO 4.1 Beta passed successful and we can
> continue with the final release preparation, announcement.
>
> What things are left?
>
> 1. download option for the Beta via our download page. Default should be
> still the 4.0.1. But the Beta should be at least available as optional
> download.
>
> Where are we we with this, what is the current status and when can we
> expect to have it available?
>
> 2. official release announcement
> Official release announcment via the announce mailing list and
> additionally a blog post + references on the social media.

I see that you have a draft of the release announcement.  I'll draft a
blog post.

-Rob

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@apache.org>.
The debuger says: RELEASE_MATRIX_PLATFORM_POS
 is not defined. something in download.js is wrong

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/10/2014 04:31 PM, schrieb Raphael Bircher:
> Hi Marcus
>
> I see anymore a download Link
>
> FF 26 on mac

Maybe a reload of the webpage is necessary, so that the browser gets all
updated files and does not build something together out of its cache.

Marcus

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@apache.org>.
Hi Marcus

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <
orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> On 10.03.2014 16:42, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> after a manual reload the download links show up
>>> Somehow strange.
>>>

>> Same experience on another Windows 7 using Firefox:
>> - first no download link.
>> - after manual reload download links are shown.
>>

> Seems to be a problem of the browser's cache.
> It is not reproducible once I have seen the download links.
>

> Best regards, Oliver.

Yes, I'm on  the tail end of timezones, but everything looks great for me!
Good job, everyone! :) Very quick turnaround from vote completion.

>> Best regards, Oliver.
>>

>>> Best regards, Oliver.

MzK

"Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,
 for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect."
                                       -- James Mason

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/10/2014 10:38 PM, schrieb Jose R R:
> Visiting with open source Chromium browser, GNU/Linux is detected but
> Debian is not. As a consequence, RPM is suggested instead of DEB.

Currently this cannot be improved as there is no way to recognize
Chromium *and* Debian. Chromium is available for DEB- and RPM-based
Linux systems. And the broewser variables do not provide a value to
differentiate.

However, if you see a way, don't hestitate to tell us.

Thanks

Marcus

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.

--
Jose R R
http://www.metztli-it.com
Daylight Saving Time in USA & Canada ends: Sunday, March 09, 2014

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/10/2014 06:51 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 03/10/2014 06:31 PM, schrieb Larry Gusaas:
>>

>> On 2014-03-10, 11:06 AM Kay Schenk wrote:

>>> Yes, I'm on the tail end of timezones, but everything looks great for
>>> me!
>>> Good job, everyone! :) Very quick turnaround from vote completion.
>>
>> I do not get any download links on
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
>> Using Mac OS X ver. 10.9.2
>> Checked with Safari, Opera, Chrome, and Firefox
>> Reloading page does not solve problem.
>
> Then please mail me the table output of this webpage:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/analyze.html
>
> Maybe also for the Beta to be sure:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/analyze_beta.html

for the sake of completeness:

The scripting hasn't recognized the 32-bit platform. Maybe a special
thing on OS X 10.9.x.

Now it's fixed and working.

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/10/2014 11:54 PM, schrieb Jose R R:
> Sorry, correct  "Analyze" Opera output below:

great, thanks for your help and I'm sorry that you still have to choose
manually the Debian install file.

Marcus

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.

Daylight Saving Time in USA & Canada ends: Sunday, March 09, 2014

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.
Improving: visiting with Opera now is similar to Chromium: suggests RPM not DEB

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 03/10/2014 10:52 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>
>> Am 03/10/2014 10:27 PM, schrieb Jose R R:
>>>
>>> Opera Browser on GNU/Linux Debian not recognized (see below)

>> Thanks for the data.
>>
>>> Browser variables Values
>>> navigator.appCodeName Mozilla
>>> navigator.appName Opera
>>> navigator.appVersion 9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64)
>>> navigator.platform Linux
>>

>> The problem is that "Linux" is all. But the scripting expects more
>> string parts in this variable like "x86" or "64".
>>
>> Finally, Linux is not completely recognized and therefore no respective
>> download link is offered.
>>
>> The same for the Beta release.
>>
>> I'm analyzing further for a solution.
>

> Please try again on this webpage:
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html
>
> What's the result?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marcus
>

>>> navigator.oscpu undefined
>>> navigator.cpuClass undefined
>>> navigator.product undefined
>>> navigator.productSub undefined
>>> navigator.vendor undefined
>>> navigator.vendorSub undefined
>>> navigator.language en
>>> navigator.browserLanguage en
>>> navigator.userLanguage en
>>> navigator.systemLanguage undefined
>>> navigator.userAgent Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64) Presto/2.12.388
>>> Version/12.16
>>> JavaScript functions/variables Values
>>>
>>> [...]
http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/analyze.html

navigator.appCodeName Mozilla
navigator.appName Opera
navigator.appVersion 9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64)
navigator.platform Linux
navigator.oscpu undefined
navigator.cpuClass undefined
navigator.product undefined
navigator.productSub undefined
navigator.vendor undefined
navigator.vendorSub undefined
navigator.language en
navigator.browserLanguage en
navigator.userLanguage en
navigator.systemLanguage undefined
navigator.userAgent Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.16
JavaScript functions/variables Values
Language name English (US)
Language ISO code en-US
Language array data en-US,English (US),English
(US),y,http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
Release matrix platform position -1
Release matrix platform array data
UI platform name unknown platform/OS
URL platform name
File name
File extension
File size (MByte) 0
Download file link http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
Checksum file link (here for MD5)
getLink() http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
hasMirrorLink() ? true
Old platform ? false
Contains link to Sourgeforge ? false
Contains link to 'other.html' ? true
Contains link to archived build ? false
General error ? true

Daylight Saving Time in USA & Canada ends: Sunday, March 09, 2014

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.

Daylight Saving Time in USA & Canada ends: Sunday, March 09, 2014

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/10/2014 10:27 PM, schrieb Jose R R:
> Opera Browser on GNU/Linux Debian not recognized (see below)
>
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Marcus (OOo)<ma...@wtnet.de>  wrote:

>>> I do not get any download links on
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
>>> Using Mac OS X ver. 10.9.2
>>> Checked with Safari, Opera, Chrome, and Firefox
>>> Reloading page does not solve problem.
>>

>> Then please mail me the table output of this webpage:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/analyze.html

Thanks for the data.

> Browser variables Values
> navigator.appCodeName Mozilla
> navigator.appName Opera
> navigator.appVersion 9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64)
> navigator.platform Linux

The problem is that "Linux" is all. But the scripting expects more
string parts in this variable like "x86" or "64".

Finally, Linux is not completely recognized and therefore no respective
download link is offered.

The same for the Beta release.

I'm analyzing further for a solution.

> navigator.oscpu undefined
> navigator.cpuClass undefined
> navigator.product undefined
> navigator.productSub undefined
> navigator.vendor undefined
> navigator.vendorSub undefined
> navigator.language en
> navigator.browserLanguage en
> navigator.userLanguage en
> navigator.systemLanguage undefined
> navigator.userAgent Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.16
> JavaScript functions/variables Values
>
> [...]

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.

---------------------------------------Beta Table
below:-----------------------------------
[...]

Cheers!

Daylight Saving Time in USA & Canada ends: Sunday, March 09, 2014

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.

On 2014-03-10, 11:06 AM Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <
> orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 10.03.2014 16:44, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>>
>>> Same experience on another Windows 7 using Firefox: - first no download link. - after
>>> manual reload download links are shown.
>> Seems to be a problem of the browser's cache.
>> It is not reproducible once I have seen the download links.
>>

>> Best regards, Oliver.
>>
> Yes, I'm on  the tail end of timezones, but everything looks great for me!
> Good job, everyone! :) Very quick turnaround from vote completion.

I do not get any download links on http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
Using Mac OS X ver. 10.9.2
Checked with Safari, Opera, Chrome, and Firefox
Reloading page does not solve problem.

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:42:56 +0100
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > Hi,

> >> AOO 4.1.0 Beta is now available for public download:
> >>
> >> http://www.openoffice.org/download/
> >>

> after a manual reload the download links show up
> Somehow strange.
>

> Best regards, Oliver.

Same for me. First access of the page gave only the blue boxes; a forced reload got everything. (using Firefox 27.0.1 on Xubuntu 13.10)

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 10.03.2014 11:03, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 03/10/2014 09:40 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
>> Hi,
>>
>> release vote on the RC for AOO 4.1 Beta passed successful and we can
>> continue with the final release preparation, announcement.
>>
>> What things are left?
>>
>> 1. download option for the Beta via our download page. Default should be
>> still the 4.0.1. But the Beta should be at least available as optional
>> download.
>>
>> Where are we we with this, what is the current status and when can we
>> expect to have it available?
>
> I'm nearly ready. When you can tell me the full path to the binaries on
> Sourceforge, then I will test what I've done so far.
> When I'm ready I'll update the download webpage.
>
> Please write me the path as PM.
>
>> 2. official release announcement
>> Official release announcment via the announce mailing list and
>> additionally a blog post + references on the social media.
>>

>> On the way to the final:
>>
>> 1. continuing the verification of fixed issues and general testing
>> 2. taking care of potential showstopper and fix it immediately
>>
>> Anything else?
>
> 3. As Oliver already mentioned but to state it also here, adjust the
> update notifications.

Thx for the reminder.

I will submit a corresponding issue.
I think I will activated the update notifications for former OpenOffice
version once tor AOO 4.1.0 has been released - just a couple of hours
after the official announcement.

Best regards, Oliver.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/10/2014 10:44 PM, schrieb Larry Gusaas:
> Am 03/10/2014 09:40 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
>>> 1. download option for the Beta via our download page. Default should be
>>> still the 4.0.1. But the Beta should be at least available as optional
>>> download.
>
> Just started up my old MacBook that runs OS X ver 10.6.8
> The Download Apache OpenOffice has incorrect text. It says:
> "Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 for Mac OS X (10.6 or older) ... is not
> available. Click here for the previous version 4.0.1"
>
> It does download 4.0.1 when clicked.

Have you done already a reload?

Because with my dry test the string is shown correct:

"Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta for Mac OS X (10.6 or older) ..."

Thanks

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/10/2014 11:56 PM, schrieb Larry Gusaas:

> On 2014-03-10, 4:10 PM Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>>
>>> Just started up my old MacBook that runs OS X ver 10.6.8
>>> The Download Apache OpenOffice has incorrect text. It says:
>>> "Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 for Mac OS X (10.6 or older) ... is not
>>> available. Click here for the previous version 4.0.1"
>>>
>>> It does download 4.0.1 when clicked.
>>
>> Have you done already a reload?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Because with my dry test the string is shown correct:
>>
>> "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta for Mac OS X (10.6 or older) ..."
>
> I'm talking about the string for downloading 4.0.1
> It states:
> "Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 for Mac OS X (10.6 or older) ... is not
> available. "

ups, sorry. I'm still in yellow mode. ;-)

It seems there is an old code part.

Please test again here:

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/11/2014 10:20 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 03/11/2014 06:16 AM, schrieb Larry Gusaas:

>>> ups, sorry. I'm still in yellow mode. ;-)
>>>
>>> It seems there is an old code part.
>>>
>>> Please test again here:
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Marcus
>>
>> The info for downloading Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 is now correct for OS X
>> ver 10.6.
>>
>> However, the info for Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta no longer says it is
>> not available for OS X ver 10.6.
>> 4.1 requires OS X ver. 10.7 or newer.
>
> I think I got the issue. Please check again here:
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html

I've tested a bit more and I think I've hit the problem. Some variables
had the wrong content for the wrong time when used.

I've committed and published the fix already to the main download area.

In ~1h I need to run to work. I'll be back today evening (~08:00pm CET)
and will go on with testing/fixing if necessary.

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/11/2014 05:11 PM, schrieb Larry Gusaas:

> On 2014-03-11, 4:57 AM Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> I think I got the issue. Please check again here:
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html
>>
>> I've tested a bit more and I think I've hit the problem. Some
>> variables had the wrong content for the wrong time when used.
>>
>> I've committed and published the fix already to the main download area.
>>
>> In ~1h I need to run to work. I'll be back today evening (~08:00pm
>> CET) and will go on with testing/fixing if necessary.
>>
>> Marcus
>
> It is fixed. I get the proper download listings for OS X 10.6.

Thanks for the good news. And sorry for the delay but it's not easy to
develop/test when you do not have the respective environment. ;-)

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.

On 2014-03-11, 4:57 AM Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 03/11/2014 10:20 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):

>>> The info for downloading Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 is now correct for OS X
>>> ver 10.6.
>>>
>>> However, the info for Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta no longer says it is
>>> not available for OS X ver 10.6.
>>> 4.1 requires OS X ver. 10.7 or newer.
>>
>> I think I got the issue. Please check again here:
>>
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html
>
> I've tested a bit more and I think I've hit the problem. Some variables had the wrong content
> for the wrong time when used.
>
> I've committed and published the fix already to the main download area.
>
> In ~1h I need to run to work. I'll be back today evening (~08:00pm CET) and will go on with
> testing/fixing if necessary.
>
> Marcus

It is fixed. I get the proper download listings for OS X 10.6.
Thanks
Larry

--
_________________________________

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 3/11/14 6:16 AM, Larry Gusaas wrote:

> On 2014-03-10, 5:16 PM Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> Yes.

>>> I'm talking about the string for downloading 4.0.1
>>> It states:
>>> "Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 for Mac OS X (10.6 or older) ... is not
>>> available. "
>>
>> ups, sorry. I'm still in yellow mode. ;-)
>>
>> It seems there is an old code part.
>>
>> Please test again here:
>>
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Marcus
>
> The info for downloading Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 is now correct for OS X
> ver 10.6.
>
> However, the info for Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 Beta no longer says it is
> not available for OS X ver 10.6.
> 4.1 requires OS X ver. 10.7 or newer.

hopefully something that Marcus can improve. If possible we should
inform the user as soon as possible. Otherwise the dmg installer will
tell the user that versions lower 10.7 won't work.

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/11/2014 12:52 AM, schrieb Larry Gusaas:

> On 2014-03-10, 5:16 PM Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Am 03/10/2014 11:56 PM, schrieb Larry Gusaas:
>>> I'm talking about the string for downloading 4.0.1
>>> It states:
>>> "Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 for Mac OS X (10.6 or older) ... is not
>>> available. "
>>
>> ups, sorry. I'm still in yellow mode. ;-)
>>
>> It seems there is an old code part.
>>
>> Please test again here:
>>
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index.html
>
> I'll test later tonight when I'm back home again and have access to my
> old MacBook.

OK, then I'll enjoy the night.

CU tomorrow

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE]: final release preparation

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.