Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Loehr, Ruel" <rl...@pointserve.com> on 2008/06/19 17:37:47 UTC

latest strategies and build reproducability

Maybe a dumb question.

I'm not taking advantage of using the latest strategies and am investigating it.

If proj b depends on proj a   and b defines a dependency on a that is "latest.integration".....

I do an "official" release of proj b which tags it in svn.    At that time the ivy.xml is tagged with the "latest.integration" value which is bad of course for reproducibility purposes.

How are you guys handling this in real world situations?

I assume you just change that value prior to releasing and maybe have a build task which ensures there are no dynamic rev's at release time?

Re: latest strategies and build reproducability

Posted by Niklas Matthies <ml...@nmhq.net>.
On Thu 2008-06-19 at 10:37h, Loehr, Ruel wrote on ivy-user:
:
> I do an "official" release of proj b which tags it in svn.    At
> that time the ivy.xml is tagged with the "latest.integration" value
> which is bad of course for reproducibility purposes.
:
> I assume you just change that value prior to releasing and maybe
> have a build task which ensures there are no dynamic rev's at
> release time?

This page describes an alternative approach: http://dead-parrot.de/ivy/

-- Niklas Matthies