Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by jo...@verona.se on 2007/07/26 19:09:56 UTC

Re: Releasing Cocoon 2.2 final

Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org> writes:

I'm working on a hobby project with Cocoon 2.2. I have previously
worked on comerial cocoon projects, but it was some time ago.

On returning, I dont think the documentation available now is all that
bad. There are, however, some holes that makes it difficult to get
started. I think you need user feedback to find these holes.

For instance, I spent quite some time yesterday trying to get a simple
cforms application working becaue of these reasons:

- It is not clear where to get forms-samples-styling.xsl
- it is not clear how to propagate the dojo uri to the styling xsl:s
- I failed to propagate a simple jx-flow list to a selectionlist
field( I still dont understand why)

(I followed the forms examples btw)

So to summarize, I think cocoon needs quite some more user feedback,
and the problems can then be fixed rather easily to improve perceived
quality a lot. Quality will not improve a lot at this point by trying
to guess what users will do when cocoon is released.

(also i had a problem with memory not being returned by the cache,
described in other thread)

--
Joakim Verona