Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by masionas <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/07 19:35:46 UTC

Re: Users - scheduled jobs delayed by an hour

Hi,

On one of the servers I have similiar problem.
Preface: Hardware and system clocks are synced and shows correct time. trunk
is r952341

Case 1 (ofbiz session time zone 1 hour less from actual) :
When I login into webtools and schedule job it is showing Pending status
even RunTime has already passed. An interesting thing is that when I cancel
Pending job it shows cancel date an hour less. Example, runtime date was
13:10 and I cancelled it in 5 minutes and Cancel date was 12:15

Case 2 (ofbiz session time zone in sync with actual):
I noticed that for some reason session time zone was one hour off , I
changed time zone for session to be EDT ( same as server time now). But when
I went into schedule job again and put in time 13:20 in date pickup popup,
it was displayed as 14:20 in job listing RunTime column??? Cancel time is
correct now though. But the job is not triggered even when I try to cheat it
and put one time less from actual time.

Where to look? Server is Fedora 11.

I would appreciate any ideas. Thank you.

P.S. Ofbiz log entries shows one hour less from system time. Where it gets
that time?

Re: Users - scheduled jobs delayed by an hour

Posted by masionas <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adrian,

I think it is coupled somehow to specific server setup, OS version or even
architecture. Because as I mentioned above on the other server Fedora Core 5
JVM picked up correct time zone and I never had this kind of problem there.
But on the Fedora Core 11 server( hardware is also different from the first
one) it did not make it. So on one of the servers I also can;t recreate the
problem because it works there as expected, in other words time zone of JVM
matches to time zone of the server.

Re: Users - scheduled jobs delayed by an hour

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.
I spent some time trying to recreate the problem you describe, but I can't duplicate the problem - everything works the way it should.

It might help if you could give me step-by-step instructions on how to recreate the problem - starting with a fresh checkout.

-Adrian

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Did you try setting the ofbiz.timeZone.default property in start.properties?

-Adrian

Posted by masionas <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I have solved it.