Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Niklas Koponen <ni...@iki.fi> on 2003/08/04 21:01:24 UTC

Pdf and image references, wrong operators etc.

Hi!

I have the following problem.

I am using fop-0.20.5 and I use the jai image library. The pdf
generation works fine. When I view the pdf file using acrobat from the
location where I generated the file everything works fine.

If I include the pdf as an attachment to an email and try to view it I
start getting errors. I don't have any images in the pdf. The list of
error dialogs I get follows:

* Insufficient data for an image.

(The above dialog appears immediately when the acrobat reader starts)

* An unrecognized token " was found.

* Illegal operation 're' inside a text object.

  document (114).

(The rest of the dialogs appear when I scroll the document forward)

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0.5 for Linux.

Where should I start trying to find the error?

- Niklas

--
Niklas Koponen   | Hietapellontie 3 B 7 | niklas.koponen@iki.fi
+358 40 757 1459 | 02400 KIRKKONUMMI    | http://www.iki.fi/niklas.koponen

Re: Pdf and image references, wrong operators etc.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Niklas Koponen wrote:
> The problem was caused because the images were in png-format. When I
> converted the images to jpegs everthing works fine.

That's odd, JAI should work with PNG too. Can you test whether
you can use the PNG with Jimi?

> I still wonder what happened to the pdf whan attached to an email.
> Because everything worked fine when I viewed the file directly.

Did you describe the problem elsewhere? The most common cause
is to attach the PDF directly instead of Base64 encoded, which
is bad as PDF may contain binary content, and mailers are allowed
to fiddle with line endings, introduce line breaks and whitespace
and strip bits. Another possiblity is that MIME headers were
mangled. Of course this applies only if you try to generate the
mail programmatically by yourself, contemporary MUAs rarely have
problems.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Pdf and image references, wrong operators etc.

Posted by Niklas Koponen <ni...@iki.fi>.