Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrea Ottonello <ao...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/18 09:19:58 UTC

Trying to setup Cloudstack 4.0.0

Hallo all.
I'm completely new to Linux and Cloudstack (but comfotable to hypervisors,
SAN, storage and clusters), I'm trying to setup Cloudstack using XCP as
hosts. I've configured correctly a XEN pool of 2 hosts, with a primary
storage. It works, I succesfully installed a VM on it.
Now, on another hypervisor (Hyper-V) I'm trying to setup the Cloudstack
4.0.0 managemente server on Ubuntu 12.04. I've followed installation guide
(searched for and solved some "wrong/missing" instructions, for example how
to open NFS ports on Ubuntu) setting NFS primary and secondary storage on
management itself.
Setup is successfully, I can logon to GUI, but I'm not able to setup a zone
because guided process hangs during "Creating system VMs (this can take a
while)". I left it running for more than 24 hours, nothing. I reinstalled
from scratch many times. System template is correctly downloaded for
XenServer: I tried also without the wizard, creating zone/pod etc. from
standard GUI, but when I go to System VMs they are in "starting" state,
after a while they go in stopped and when I try strating them it fails.
Always same problem. I'm getting crazy, any idea?

--
Andrea Ottonello

Re: Trying to setup Cloudstack 4.0.0

Posted by Andrea Ottonello <ao...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much, I will try. Regarding NFS shares, I already tried to
mount them from XEN host, successfully.
I'll take a look to log...

Posted by Andrea Ottonello <ao...@gmail.com>.
Don't worry, I never used ANYTHING of these systems!!!! :D

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Ottonello <ao...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
xen host