Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2005/10/14 15:20:16 UTC

Maven 2.0 RC now available

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. The release candidate build of Maven is now
available here:

http://people.apache.org/~brett/maven-2.0-RC/

We'd appreciate testing for any blocking bugs. This should only be
issues with core features - plugin issues will be addressed by separate
releases. I'd strongly encourage everyone to run using the RC instead of
bootstrapping (you can build individual plugins as needed).

For particular attention in testing:
- deployment using scp
- error handling

The next round of plugin releases will now commence as per the earlier vote.

Barring any blocking issues, we should aim to promote the RC to final
next Monday.

Happy testing!

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Maven 2.0 RC now available

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.
Uh, looks like I lied.  Was still able to get it to hang with 0.1.21.
I can't say that prior to this testing, I ever ran deploy often enough
to verify that this is a new problem...

It seems like it might be happening less often with 0.1.21, but it's
so inconsistent that it's hard to say if that's really case...

-Stephen

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

Re: Maven 2.0 RC now available

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven 2.0 RC now available

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Stephen Duncan wrote:

>Well, the directory doesn't exit.  I'm on Windows, and I have a file
>C:\Documents And Settings\duncans\ssh\known_hosts, but it only has my
>CVS server in it, so I think it's used by Eclipse only.  There is no
>folder .ssh.  In beta-3 did it not bother checking at all, or si there
>somewhere else it might be stored?

Ok, the directory should have been created. Noted.

>Just tested: I created the directory and file C:\Documents And
>Settings\duncans\.ssh\known_hosts, and it no longer asked after the
>first time.  Instead, the first time it hung on uploading the jar.
>Second attempt worked fine.  Also, there's a warning:
>
> [WARNING] POM for: 'commons-io:commons-io:pom:1.0' does not appear to
>be valid. Its will be ignored for artifact resolut
>ion.
>Reason: Failed to validate POM

That's not relevant - that's seems to be that its using a Maven 1.x
repository.

>Not sure if that could cause problems.
>
>Attempt #3 to run m2 deploy hung on "Uploading project information"
>Attempt #4 hung after saying it uploaded the POM and before it usually
>says retrieving metadata
>Attempt #5 worked fine.

I assume you weren't having hanging problems before?

Here are some things we could try to narrow it down:
- run with --batch-mode (disables keyboard interactivity and also known
hosts)
- replace jsch-0.1.23 with jsch-0.1.21 (which came with beta-3) in
$M2_HOME/lib

>Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error
>transfering site archive!
>        at org.apache.maven.doxia.ScpSiteDeployMojo.execute(ScpSiteDeployMojo.java:169)
>        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:399)
>        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:519)
>        ... 16 more
>Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException
>        at org.apache.maven.doxia.ScpSiteDeployMojo.execute(ScpSiteDeployMojo.java:133)

Ok, site:deploy from the released site plugin is not compatible with
beta-3. I will release that one first out of the group.

Thanks,
Brett

Re: Maven 2.0 RC now available

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.
On 10/14/05, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Stephen Duncan wrote:
>
> >Now on every artifact to deploy to my internal repository, it asks:
> >
> >The authenticity of host 'cdciedev.cie.mil' can't be established.
> >RSA key fingerprint is cc:44:f4:82:15:a3:17:15:7f:b4:7c:f4:a6:06:31:7e.
> >Are you sure you want to continue connecting? (yes/no):
> >

> It should save it in ~/.ssh/known_hosts (using the standard openssh
> format, so is compatible with anything already in that file), after the
> first yes. Is it possible that file is not writable?

Well, the directory doesn't exit.  I'm on Windows, and I have a file
C:\Documents And Settings\duncans\ssh\known_hosts, but it only has my
CVS server in it, so I think it's used by Eclipse only.  There is no
folder .ssh.  In beta-3 did it not bother checking at all, or si there
somewhere else it might be stored?

Just tested: I created the directory and file C:\Documents And
Settings\duncans\.ssh\known_hosts, and it no longer asked after the
first time.  Instead, the first time it hung on uploading the jar.
Second attempt worked fine.  Also, there's a warning:

 [WARNING] POM for: 'commons-io:commons-io:pom:1.0' does not appear to
be valid. Its will be ignored for artifact resolut
ion.
Reason: Failed to validate POM

Not sure if that could cause problems.

Attempt #3 to run m2 deploy hung on "Uploading project information"
Attempt #4 hung after saying it uploaded the POM and before it usually
says retrieving metadata
Attempt #5 worked fine.

> >Also, the site:deploy throws an exception, though I think that falls
> >under "plugin issues"
> >

> It could be related. What is the exception?

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Error transfering site archive!

[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error
transfering site archive!
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:544)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:482)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:452)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.jav
a:301)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:268)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:137)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:316)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:113)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error
transfering site archive!
        at org.apache.maven.doxia.ScpSiteDeployMojo.execute(ScpSiteDeployMojo.java:169)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:399)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:519)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException
        at org.apache.maven.doxia.ScpSiteDeployMojo.execute(ScpSiteDeployMojo.java:133)
        ... 18 more
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Cheers,
> Brett

Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

Re: Maven 2.0 RC now available

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven 2.0 RC now available

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.
Now on every artifact to deploy to my internal repository, it asks:

The authenticity of host 'cdciedev.cie.mil' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is cc:44:f4:82:15:a3:17:15:7f:b4:7c:f4:a6:06:31:7e.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting? (yes/no):

Even when I say yes, even during the same deploy, after I say es to
upload the POM, it'll ask again for the metadata, and for the jar, and
again for every project in a multi-project.

If this is a new feature, how is it itended that I get it to trust the
fingerprint?  If there is such  mechanism, it needs to be tested, and
if not, it's pretty user un-friendly to have to type "yes" a
half-dozen times during deploy...

Also, the site:deploy throws an exception, though I think that falls
under "plugin issues"

-Stephen

On 10/14/05, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the delay. The release candidate build of Maven is now
> available here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~brett/maven-2.0-RC/
>
> We'd appreciate testing for any blocking bugs. This should only be
> issues with core features - plugin issues will be addressed by separate
> releases. I'd strongly encourage everyone to run using the RC instead of
> bootstrapping (you can build individual plugins as needed).
>
> For particular attention in testing:
> - deployment using scp
> - error handling
>
> The next round of plugin releases will now commence as per the earlier vote.
>
> Barring any blocking issues, we should aim to promote the RC to final
> next Monday.
>
> Happy testing!
>
> Cheers,
> Brett