Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> on 2004/09/03 21:35:30 UTC

Struts-el and Maven for the next release

I just wanted to point out that a 1.2.2 version of struts-el wasn't
published to the iBiblio repository -- very easy to overlook.

 From the Maven side, we should try to do these things as part of
tagging and building Struts 1.2.3:

1) update the version number in jakarta-struts/project.xml
2) do a maven:jar-deploy to http://cvs.apache.org/repository for that
version of Struts
3) update the jakarta-struts/contrib/struts-el/project.xml to depend
on struts-1.2.3, and update its version to 1.2.3
4) do a maven:jar-deploy to http://cvs.apache.org/repository for that
version of struts-el

Those versions of the two project.xml files should have the STRUTS_1_2_3 tag.

If the release is voted GA, then maven dist:deploy should be executed
for both projects to the iBiblio mirror based on the tagged versions
of the files.

Am I missing anything?  I'll be happy to do this piece for
struts-1.2.3 unless anyone else really wants to.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: Struts-el and Maven for the next release

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 16:05:15 -0700, Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 14:35:30 -0500, Joe Germuska <jo...@germuska.com> wrote:
> > I just wanted to point out that a 1.2.2 version of struts-el wasn't
> > published to the iBiblio repository -- very easy to overlook.
> >
> > From the Maven side, we should try to do these things as part of
> > tagging and building Struts 1.2.3:
> >
> > 1) update the version number in jakarta-struts/project.xml
>
> This is done.
>
> > 2) do a maven:jar-deploy to http://cvs.apache.org/repository for that
> > version of Struts
> > 3) update the jakarta-struts/contrib/struts-el/project.xml to depend
> > on struts-1.2.3, and update its version to 1.2.3
> > 4) do a maven:jar-deploy to http://cvs.apache.org/repository for that
> > version of struts-el
>
> If someone else can take care of (3), that would be great.

Done.

> I'm not comfortable with using Maven to do (2) and (4) at this point.
> I don't know this for sure, but I suspect James M. may have been using
> Maven to build 1.2.2. Certainly, he didn't use the Ant 'release'
> target, and the resulting build had serious issues which have resulted
> in 1.2.3.
>
> On the other hand, I am quite happy to manually deploy the jars from
> the 'ant release' build tonight to the Maven repo.

Done, but it would be nice if someone would check that I did the right
thing, since I did it manually.

> > Those versions of the two project.xml files should have the STRUTS_1_2_3 tag.
>
> If you (or someone else) can change the EL project.xml before 6pm,
> then that will be picked up as part of the roll-and-tag.

Done.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.