Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Brian Burch <br...@pingtoo.com> on 2018/06/04 06:31:42 UTC

How to update the JSPWiki Wiki

I apologise if I have missed something simple.

I wanted to add a couple of helpful footnotes to the "Building from
source code" wiki page, based on my own recent activity.

I have an ancient apache userid, which was revived last year when I
became a committer for the Directory project. I also have a slightly
less old JSPWiki userid that dates back to my development of a plugin.

I ran a "find" on my latest local git repository, but didn't see the
source for the wiki there.

I tried to use the "edit" widget on the live wiki page, but a "no entry"
symbol appeared. Not surprisingly, I couldn't logon to the wiki with my
apache userid, but my old jspwiki userid and password were still valid.
However, the "edit" widget is still "no entry" for me.

I then looked at the wiki FAQ page for advice on how to update the wiki,
but there isn't any advice. I couldn't find anything from a quick scan
of the other developers pages.

Shouldn't the answer to my question be very obvious on the wiki,
probably on a page titled something like "How do I update something on
the JSPWiki wiki?".

If it does exist, would someone point me to it? If it doesn't, what
ought it to say?

Thanks in anticipation - sorry to cause someone work, but I am trying to
help!

Regards,

Brian