Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Information Services <is...@texasresearchintl.com> on 2003/01/18 02:01:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Accessing uploaded files ...

OS: RedHat 7.3
Apache: 1.3.27

We have a virtual host named "server1.domain.com". We have a page where a user can upload files to a DIR that is Aliased outside of the Apache root. The alias is working great and the files actually go to the folder that is outside of the Apache root.

BUT

When we call the files back using the same Alias we get the CORRECT path but the file doesn't display. e.g: server1.domain.com/dir/file.txt

It just gives Error 404.

Ideas?