Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by влад тасканов <vl...@mail.ru.INVALID> on 2023/05/09 18:11:21 UTC

Question ❓

Hi. I recently start­ed studying kafka and raised a question. Is it possible for each user to make a separate queue? as I understand it, there is a broker with different topics, and each topic had the number of partitions = the number of use­rs. if yes, you can link to an example or explanation. Google didn't help me.

Re: Question ❓

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
Partitions are not for different users.

If you want to isolate users, you would do it at the topic level. You
could use ACLs to grant access to different topics:
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#security_authz

-Matthias

Re: Question ❓

Posted by hudeqi <16...@bjtu.edu.cn>.
The current request queue is very single. In fact, there will be many performance problems when the business scenario of a single cluster becomes complicated. Not only to divide according to user, but also to isolate according to request category, this is just my idea.

best,
hudeqi

&gt; 发件人: "влад тасканов" <vl...@mail.ru.invalid>
&gt; 发送时间: 2023-05-10 02:11:21 (星期三)