Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by jorge miguel <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2008/08/15 01:43:13 UTC

PPR problem, rendering specific section of the page

hi.

im having some problems with trinidad, im trying to render an specific section of my page but looks like all the page is re-rendered because i lose the values previously typed. this is the code

        autoSubmit="true" immediate="true"
    label="#{tbCaseInformationActionHandler.tbDiseaseInfo.descriptionStatusDiagnosis}:" >
    <f:selectItems value="#{tbCaseInformationActionHandler.tbDiseaseInfo.statusDiagnosisOptions}"/>

       partialTriggers="statusDiagnosis" disabled="#{not(tbCaseInformationActionHandler.tbDiseaseInfo.statusDiagnosis eq 'ATD')}"
       label="If Dead, death date:">

    partialTriggers="statusDiagnosis" disabled="#{not(tbCaseInformationActionHandler.tbDiseaseInfo.statusDiagnosis eq 'ATD')}"
    label="#{tbCaseInformationActionHandler.tbDiseaseInfo.descriptionTbCauseOfDeath}:">
    <f:selectItems value="#{tbCaseInformationActionHandler.tbDiseaseInfo.tbCauseOfDeathOptions}"/>

        value="#{tbCaseInformationActionHandler.tbDiseaseInfo.previousActiveTb}"
    label="#{tbCaseInformationActionHandler.tbDiseaseInfo.descriptionPreviousActiveTb}:" >
    <f:selectItems value="#{tbCaseInformationActionHandler.tbDiseaseInfo.previousActiveTbOptions}"/>

            partialTriggers="previousActiveTb"
                  disabled="#{not (tbCaseInformationActionHandler.tbDiseaseInfo.previousActiveTb eq 'Y')}"
                        value="#{tbCaseInformationActionHandler.tbDiseaseInfo.previousDiagnosisYear}"
                        label="#{tbCaseInformationActionHandler.tbDiseaseInfo.descriptionPreviousDiagnosisYear}:"
                        maximumLength ="4">

so like all can see. when i select and specific option from the first "selectOneChoise" the trigger enable the inputDate and the third selectOneChoise the problem come when i select and option from my fourth  selectOnechoise this one enable the inputText field and qorks fine but i lose the values from the inputDate and the third selectOneChoise.

i hope is clear enough and someone can help me to solve it (sorry for the English its not my first lenguage)

tnx in advance for any help

Juega y gana, tenemos 3 Xbox a la semana.
http://club.prodigymsn.com/

RE: PPR problem, rendering specific section of the page

Posted by F....@delagelanden.com.
Hi,

I think what happens is that when the components that depend on 'statusDiagnosis' are rerendered, they lose their value because your backing bean wasn't updated with the values from the form. So PPR works fine. I'm not sure, but I think this is cause by the immediate=true on the 'statusDiagnosis' component.

Maybe you can check the values on your backing bean to see if they were updated or not.

Regards,

Freek

[...]

	Conoce el perfil completo de todos tus amigos de Windows Live Messenger justo aquĆ­: Windows Live Spaces <http://home.services.spaces.live.com/>

The information transmitted via this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.