Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Andrey Solonchuk <so...@ibis.ua> on 2003/11/15 18:55:42 UTC

question about using xalan only with part of input data

<very sorry by bad English>

may be it stupid question, but I can't find answer for me

I have xml data, that i need process in forward direction
so, i don't use key-function, xpath expression that request preciding
nodes.
How I understood xalan build dtm tree with all data of input source.
and it can't trow out(lose) nodes, that i'll not asking in my
xslt-stylesheet.

<root>
  <data>

  </data>
  <data>

  </data>
</root>

so, i need work only with node <data> and don't use in transformation
info about previous nodes <data>. And if expensive for me hold all previous
nodes in memory.

how can i do in this situation?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
 Andrey Solonchuk                          mailto:solo@ibis.ua

IBIS Ltd (Integrated Banking Informational Systems Limited)
22 Uspenskaya St, Odessa, 65014,. Ukraine