Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Minds Work <mi...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/01 14:22:25 UTC

Re: can a goal executing in a project execute goals in other projects?

Thanks, it works,
 I have another related question

I want to known if there is a way declare a global property to be used in
the goals called with maven:maven
 My proplem is that i want to tag some projects (in the repository) with the
same tag, but the tag name is based on the current date (the dateToday ant
property created by the code below):

<tstamp timezone="${date.timezone}">
<format property="dateToday" timezone="${date.timezone}" pattern="${
date.pattern}" />
</tstamp>

This way each project is taged with a different date (a difference of second
or minutes, but a difference)

If i could declare a global property i could set the data as a global
property and reuse it.

Posted by Minds Work <mi...@gmail.com>.
It works,
Thank you
[]s
Freddy

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Couldn't you make it a system property:

${systemScope.put('name', varFromTstamp)}

On 11/2/05, Minds Work <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, it works,
>  I have another related question
>
> I want to known if there is a way declare a global property to be used in
> the goals called with maven:maven
>  My proplem is that i want to tag some projects (in the repository) with the
> same tag, but the tag name is based on the current date (the dateToday ant
> property created by the code below):
>
> <tstamp timezone="${date.timezone}">
> <format property="dateToday" timezone="${date.timezone}" pattern="${
> date.pattern}" />
> </tstamp>
>
> This way each project is taged with a different date (a difference of second
> or minutes, but a difference)
>
> If i could declare a global property i could set the data as a global
> property and reuse it.
>
>  On 10/31/05, Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Freddy,
> >
> > You can use the maven:maven tag in Jelly :
> > http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/tags.html#maven:maven
> >
> > Arnaud

Bernard Shaw