Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Roland Kaercher <ic...@rolandkaercher.de> on 2006/09/26 13:21:04 UTC

catalog administration and deployment questions

Hello,

I am currently evaluating/prototyping an ecommerce/webshop application
usning ofBiz and its ecommerce application. Everything looks great
(albeit a little overwhelming because auf the size of the framework),
but some questions arose from the prototyping:
1. Is there a best practice to deliver the finished application for
deployment (I would rather like just to deliver the binaries without
all the sources/build scripts ?

2. How is the general recommendation for manual catalog
administration? Should I build a custom application to allow end users
a comfortable editing of products without having to know about
constraints between entities? (currently I am constantly running into
foreign key constraint errors when trying to delete something).

Kind regards,
Roland Kaercher