Posted to user@flink.apache.org by ShB <sh...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/20 23:25:24 UTC

Recommended way to schedule Flink jobs periodically on EMR

Are there any recommended ways to schedule and manage Flink Workflows on EMR?
I need to run a series of jobs daily, based on API requests coming in, and
this job will need to interface with S3 for data.

Re: Recommended way to schedule Flink jobs periodically on EMR

Posted by Konstantin Gregor <ko...@tngtech.com>.
Hi,

we start our Flink Jobs on EMR with Lambda functions. Lambda functions
can have various triggers, among many others they can be triggered by
some CloudWatch rule. So you could create a rule based on your desires
that triggers a Lambda function, which will in turn spin up an EMR
cluster with the steps being your particular jobs.

Hope that helps,
best regards

Konstantin

On 21.09.2017 01:25, ShB wrote:
> Are there any recommended ways to schedule and manage Flink Workflows on EMR?
> I need to run a series of jobs daily, based on API requests coming in, and
> this job will need to interface with S3 for data.

Konstantin Gregor * konstantin.gregor@tngtech.com
TNG Technology Consulting GmbH, Betastr. 13a, 85774 Unterföhring
Geschäftsführer: Henrik Klagges, Dr. Robert Dahlke, Gerhard Müller
Amtsgericht München, HRB 135082