Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2007/07/03 19:08:00 UTC

Proposals

Hi,

I see that many users are making proposals, and as I've stated before
they will get lost on the mailing lists. Especially if you have a
wave of inspiration and create several proposals. Schedules generally
don't sync up and it's often days before developers can respond with
more then a casual response.

I have create a link from the main dashboard here:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Home

To a user proposal page in the user accessible wiki so that we can
track these:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/User+Proposals

If you have a proposal please put it in there. It's now all linked so
that at least new proposals will remain visible.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: Proposals

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 04/07/2007, at 5:11 PM, Jochen Kuhnle wrote:

> On 2007-07-04 03:01:00 +0200, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> said:
>
>> Definitely agree here, though I like to see them come to the list
>> too  (preferably staggered, it's going to take a week to find time
>> to read  and respond to all these :)
>
> Ok, I'll hold back the other 295 proposals for a while :-)
>
>> If there's no responses, that's fine - but it's a better medium
>> for  discussion and we may be able to use that to improve them up
>> front  (or cull really bad ideas :)
>
> ...and I'll try to leave out the really, really bad ones.
>
> I've added everything to the Wiki [1], and I'll try to keep them up
> to date over the next weeks :-) if there are any respones. Also,
> while being so heavily kissed by the muse, I have started a "Newbie
> Developers' FAQ for Maven". Is there a place where I can put it?

The same area would be suitable. Sounds great (you might want to link/
refer to the contributing pages on the web site too).

- Brett

Re: Proposals

Posted by Jochen Kuhnle <jo...@kuhnle.net>.
On 2007-07-04 03:01:00 +0200, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> said:

> Definitely agree here, though I like to see them come to the list too
> (preferably staggered, it's going to take a week to find time to read
> and respond to all these :)

Ok, I'll hold back the other 295 proposals for a while :-)

> If there's no responses, that's fine - but it's a better medium for
> discussion and we may be able to use that to improve them up front  (or
> cull really bad ideas :)

...and I'll try to leave out the really, really bad ones.

I've added everything to the Wiki [1], and I'll try to keep them up to
date over the next weeks :-) if there are any respones. Also, while
being so heavily kissed by the muse, I have started a "Newbie
Developers' FAQ for Maven". Is there a place where I can put it?

Regards,
Jochen

[1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/User+Proposals

Re: Proposals

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Proposals

Posted by Jochen Kuhnle <jo...@kuhnle.net>.
On 2007-07-03 19:08:00 +0200, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> said:

> Hi,
>
> I see that many users are making proposals, and as I've stated before
> they will get lost on the mailing lists. Especially if you have a  wave
> of inspiration and create several proposals. Schedules generally  don't
> sync up and it's often days before developers can respond with  more
> then a casual response.
>
> I have create a link from the main dashboard here:
>
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Home
>
> To a user proposal page in the user accessible wiki so that we can
> track these:
>
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/User+Proposals

Sorry, missed that. Will do.

Regards,