Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2004/10/25 22:26:55 UTC

Project Honey Pot

http://www.projecthoneypot.org/

seems interesting, they plan to share their resulting corpora, and they
seem like nice guys too, from what I recall from when we saw them at the
MIT Spam Conference (IIRC) ;)

--j.

Re: Project Honey Pot

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Monday, October 25, 2004, 1:26:55 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
> http://www.projecthoneypot.org/

> seems interesting, they plan to share their resulting corpora, and they
> seem like nice guys too [...]

> --j.

FWIW I've donated 25 MX records to Project Honeypot so far.
It looks like a good project mainly to provide solid data for
legal action against spammers, harvesters, zombie deployers,
etc.  I'd encourage others to do likewise.

Project Honeypot will also share their data with us so eventually
we may have another good source of spam URI domains for SURBLs.

What they need now are more people to donate MXers and put
up honeypots on their own sites.  Their site offers plenty
of good explanations:

  http://www.projecthoneypot.org

Cheers,

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

Re: Project Honey Pot

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Monday, October 25, 2004, 1:26:55 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
> http://www.projecthoneypot.org/

> seems interesting, they plan to share their resulting corpora, and they
> seem like nice guys too, from what I recall from when we saw them at the
> MIT Spam Conference (IIRC) ;)

> --j.

I think these guys were at CEAS also.

Jeff C.