Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Williams Farias <wi...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/22 04:32:50 UTC

OFT - Flash player updates

Greating everybody,

It´s nice to be here reading about Flex future. I´m not an expert
developer, i´m a creative that only put the things to work, and Flex
obviously is the best way to do it.

My question is about the future - 3 to 5 years. Adobe seams not to stop
developing the updates for Flash Player for browsers. So, will we stop on
version 11 forever? or Apache group will continue to develop Flash Player
for web too? Does Adobe donate or will donate Flash Player to continue the
updates? And if we really wont have more updates, what this means to Flex
development in the future? I think if we stop developing the end point of
the technology the updates of the framework wont make sense. Do we have
some information or prediction about this?

Thanks,

Williams Farias

Re: OFT - Flash player updates

Posted by Williams Farias <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hey Justin,

Thanks a lot on that link! That was exactly i was looking for!

Re: OFT - Flash player updates

RE: OFT - Flash player updates

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
> My question is about the future - 3 to 5 years. Adobe seams not to
> stop developing the updates for Flash Player for browsers. So, will we
> stop on version 11 forever? or Apache group will continue to develop
> Flash Player for web too? Does Adobe donate or will donate Flash
> Player to continue the updates? And if we really wont have more
> updates, what this means to Flex development in the future? I think if
> we stop developing the end point of the technology the updates of the
> framework wont make sense. Do we have some information or prediction about this?

William,

Read this and see if it clears things up. You have a lot of mis-information there.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/whitepapers/roadmap.html

Mike

Re: OFT - Flash player updates

Posted by Robert Smith <ro...@thedevprocess.com>.
William,

It sounds like there's some confusion regarding what Adobe is and is not
doing. It's my understanding that Adobe is only halting development on
the flash player for mobile phones. Adobe will continue to develop flash
player for the desktop due to the new focus on games and video. They
haven't announced any intention to pass the flash player off to Apache.

Cheers,
Robert