Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com> on 2007/01/19 04:28:07 UTC

Purchasing services to process components, and receiving processed components

Say I want to send some parts over to a vendor for painting services.

Is there a way to:

1. Create a product of type "service" named PAINTING,

2. Create a PO to purchase this service,

3. Attach to this PO an outgoing shipment ferrying my parts to my vendor,

4. Receive the PO and have my painted parts in my inventory rather than the
    product PAINTING.

I've tried product associations like "Product Manufactured As", "New Version, Replacement" and
"Equivalent or Substitute". Tried associations in both directions. No go.

I can't "manufacture" PAINTING to produce the painted parts. Nor can I purchase PAINTING to
receive the painted parts.

Any ideas?

Jonathon

Re: Purchasing services to process components, and receiving processed components

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I'm sorry I never did get time to work on it.

Regards
Scott

Posted by Zhiyong Cui <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jonathan

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Anil,

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.
Jonathon,

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Anil,

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Andrew,

You're not missing the point. Anil created that service/function for another functionality altogether.

Yes, I do agree Anil's service won't do us any good, since we're only concerned with tying a PO
(vendor services) to a PR (production run).

You're sharp! Good catch :)

Now, if you would throw me some complaints about OFBiz's current PR functionality (having no PO
link), I'll get to work serving both my boss and you!

Jonathon

03:36

Re: Purchasing services to process components, and receiving processed components

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.
Jonathon,

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Anil,

Posted by Anil Patel <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
It would be really nice to finally implement some of the processes
needed in sub-contracts and external manufacturing activities, I would
be interested too.
Also having a specialized set of production run management screens to
track and log the external processes would be worth of some work.

Jacopo

Posted by Andrew Ballantine <ac...@willowbrook.co.uk>.
Jonathon,

When I said that my client WILL need this functionality, that means my
client hasn't yet committed to using OFBiz. So my time, at the moment is
wasted keeping his MS Access project alive.

I can certainly help a bit with testing, but haste is not required at the
moment, but I think it's great that you have so much energy and enthusiasm.
Once I can get the go-ahead from my client, I shall be quite active.

So let us know what you propose and we can all contribute ideas as to how it
should be done for the benefit of the OFBiz community at large.

Kind regards,

Andrew Ballantine.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Andrew,

Jonathon -- Improov wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Yeah, I read that. Nothing on what I'm talking about here.
>
> Let me try to get the requirements streamlined or simplified, and see if
> OFBiz can handle then.
>
> Jonathon
>
> Chris Howe wrote:
>> I don't do any manufacturing in my day to day stuff so
>> this may not fit your bill exactly, but have you read
>> over this:
>>
>> http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=Manufacturing
>> ?
>>
>> --- Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Say I want to send some parts over to a vendor for
>>> painting services.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to:
>>>
>>> 1. Create a product of type "service" named
>>> PAINTING,
>>>
>>> 2. Create a PO to purchase this service,
>>>
>>> 3. Attach to this PO an outgoing shipment ferrying
>>> my parts to my vendor,
>>>
>>> 4. Receive the PO and have my painted parts in my
>>> inventory rather than the
>>>     product PAINTING.
>>>
>>> I've tried product associations like "Product
>>> Manufactured As", "New Version, Replacement" and "Equivalent or
>>> Substitute". Tried associations in
>>> both directions. No go.
>>>
>>> I can't "manufacture" PAINTING to produce the
>>> painted parts. Nor can I purchase PAINTING to receive the painted parts.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Jonathon

03:36

Re: Purchasing services to process components, and receiving processed components

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Chris,