Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/17 03:28:16 UTC

removing old documentation

I am not sure what process makes this happen, but whenever we publish a
dot-dot release (such as 0.9.1), documentation for the previous dot-dot
release (such as 0.9.0) disappears from the website, breaking everyone's
links. That doesn't seem awesome. We should leave it up, or at least put up
a interstitial advising users of the available upgrade and linking them do
corresponding docs in the new release.

Thoughts? Figured this is important since we are hopefully on the verge of
pushing 0.9.2

Re: removing old documentation

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
Your argument is right, we break other people's link by removing old link.
We should leave the old document, just don't promote it to the top site.
Let's start retaining the old document from now on.

Daniel